Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Day 3

Day 3 - Wednesday 22 February 2017

I expect the days following until this thick layer of bandages is removed on 8 March will be quite similar. So if I leave gaps, it's because there is nothing to say.

Sleeping is awkward, due to the need to keep the foot elevated. I can sort of manage to sleep on my back, and also roll over on to my right side, as I can still keep the foot raised on that side. I wake up several times during the night. Generally I have been sleeping tolerably well.

Still no pain, for which I am very grateful, though I do have a vague, slightly burning sensation where the wound is sometimes.

My wife went to work today and has left me to my own devices. She left breakfast out for me and I managed to put together a few sandwiches for lunch. I am glad she is here to cook in the evenings, otherwise my diet would become very poor over the coming 2 weeks. I would not like to be attempting this without someone's support - it would be a difficult business on my own.

I spend a fair bit of time laying on the floor on my back with my feet up on a foot rest. Sometimes I sit in a lounge with my feet propped up. I don't spent much time in bed during the day - I just find that too demoralizing.

Overall, I am finding the actual surgery ok (ie there has been no pain) but the post-operative inconvenience has been greater than I had expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment