Saturday, March 4, 2017

Day 13

Day 13. Saturday. 4 March 2017.

We live on the boundary of two Melbourne suburbs: Toorak and South Yarra. They are quite different. Toorak is one of the most affluent suburbs in Australia. The many cafes of Toorak village are frequented by well-heeled older folk. South Yarra, on the other hand, with its trendy Chapel Street, is one of the most vibrant and fashionable suburbs in Melbourne. Most of its residents seem to be under 30.

I can walk to cafes in either direction in about 10 minutes. Normally. Today Wendy drove me to sedate Toorak for coffee. We then had a picnic lunch in the landscaped gardens of historic Como House. I can normally walk there in 3 minutes, but had to be driven.

The point being that I am getting thoroughly cranked off at my immobility. I usually walk everywhere - the car hardly comes out. But now I am being driven to a place 3 minutes walk away.

Patience. On Wednesday the bandage comes off and then I should be able to start moving around without a hobble and a crutch.

Apart from my frustration things seem to be progressing well, though I actually have no idea what things are like under the bandage.

No comments:

Post a Comment