Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Day 11

Day 11. Thursday March 2. 2017.

I am not the first person to write a blog about their cheilectomy experience - copy and paste this address for an account by someone who had the surgery several years ago. There is a link opposite.

It is interesting reading that blog to find how far the writer had progressed this long after his procedure. He had his stitches out on day 10 and by day 11 was in shoes and walking around!

I, on the other hand, have my foot wrapped in a mummification of bandages and am under instruction to rest and keep the foot elevated as much as possible until my appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon next Wednesday. I'll do as I'm told, but it's quite frustrating.

Nothing to write about yesterday - kept a low profile at home. Ditto today.

I have dispensed with the crutches - the weight they transferred to my hands was making them quite painful. I watch movies, read, listen to music and keep myself amused until Wendy comes home in the evenings.


No comments:

Post a Comment